Oh man, guys, what a great time that was, seriouslyBULLET POINTS
- Those of you - fellow dA folks and fans alike - who made it out to the con and found me, man
did you make my weekend, ALL OF YOU. There are just way too many to list for SHOUT OUTS, but just know you completely rule and it was so awesome to meet all you folks. Thanks so much for coming by the table
was a phenomenal table partner and is a supreme bro (no homo [ok yes homo])
- We had some incredibly awesome neighbors, namely ~oh8
(with whom I'm going to be sharing a table at AX) and the Lava Punch crew, and ~chupachup
who is amazingly nice and an amazing artist. So great to meet/hang out with all you dudes
- People went NUTS cosplaying this year, some of the stuff folks put together was seriously jawdropping, especially this one Captain Falcon who was a good enough sport to do the pose from this drawing
. It was hilarious
- Those of you who haven't gotten your commissions yet, they are on their way POST-HASTE. I'll note/email you as they're finished. Thanks so much for being patient.
- It should be stressed that my girlfriend, who is NOT AT ALL into anime/manga/comics, was a super good sport about the whole thing and was an invaluable help at the table, especially since I was pretty unprepared for the weekend, haha. THANK YOU BABY, I LOVE YOU
She surprised herself by having such a good time, too, mostly due to how awesome and gracious all you folks who stopped by were
- Probably the highlight of the entire con, though, was this unbelievably adorable little girl named Sarah (who spoke with that lisp you get when you wear braces) who came by and was SO EXCITED that I was there, it caught me completely off guard. She was SO SWEET. Seriously, I got kind of choked up talking to her. Sarah, WHEREVER YOU ARE, thank you for being the best fan EVER and such a nice person in general.
I'm probably going to do an EXPANDED version of this post on LJ so I can include a huge picture dump, since I've got a whole bunch of pics that really need to be shared. I'll link that when it's all typed up. For now, THANK YOU AGAIN, EVERYONE. I can't say it enough, you guys rule.
P.S. Anyone who's interested, there's a little lest than two weeks left to enter the Double K 50th page contest,
DO IT WOOOOOO
Entries are already flying in and they are TITS